SOLDIERS TO ENTREPRENEURS BOOT CAMP
The Riverside Center for Innovation, one of the region’s premiere business incubators, is offers free training classes for veterans and their spouses in Southwestern Pennsylvania. If you are interested in starting your own small business, then the Soldiers to Entrepreneurs Boot Camp program is for you! The program is a 13 to 15 week training session designed to teach you all the basic, intermediate and advanced skills needed to create a successful new business.
Participants will learn:
- Components of Starting a Business
- Successful Entrepreneurial Characteristics
- Writing a “Finance-able” Business Plan
- Business Plan Do’s and Don’ts
- Developing a Marketing Plan and Strategy
- E-commerce and Website Development
- Credit Recovery and Restoration
- ABC’s of Small Business Lending
- Financial Management
- Legal and Organizational Issues
- Record Keeping and Business Taxes
- Government Contracting Opportunities
- Human Resources and Personnel Issues
Instruction will be provided by skilled professionals, including:
- Riverside Center for Innovation Staff
- Business Consultants
- Guest speakers, specializing in areas of interest to each participant
In addition to this quality instruction, participants will be provided with:
- Mentoring by some of the fifty small businesses who are clients and tenants at the Riverside Center
Classes will be held in our state-of-the-art conference room and computer lab. Participants will have access to the Riverside Business Resource Center, high-speed Internet, business counselors, and much more. Recruits will be required to take an assessment test which will determine suitability for owning and operating a business. To secure a certificate of completion, participants must complete a minimum of 44.5 hours of classroom instruction within the 13-week session.
Space is limited to 15 people. If you are interested in participating, please contact Donn Nemchick at email@example.com or call the Riverside Center for Innovation at 412.322.3523.
This pilot program is being funded in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Labor, Education and Training Administration and U.S. Small Business Administration. Thank you for the support of U.S. Senator Robert Casey and U.S. Representative Arlen Specter and U.S. Congressman Mike Doyle.